Public Hearing in One Week! Come Support Wisconsin Practitioner Exemption bill, S492/A546, on January 7, 2020!
WI Public Hearing is Just 7 Days Away!
Please Support Wisconsin Bill for Complementary and Alternative Healthcare Before Tuesday, January 7, 2020!
Our legislative efforts have reached a crucial point and we desperately need your help to support Wisconsin’s “Safe Harbor” Practitioner Exemption bill, A546, before the hearing next week! We need people to write to committee members, to send in personal stories sharing how complementary and alternative health modalities help you (aka your “testimony”), and to join us at the public hearing on Tuesday, January 7 to sign your name in support of the bill! Please share this email with your WI friends, complete the Take Action steps below, and join us in Madison next week.
Take Action Steps (How YOU Can Help Right NOW):
- Email the Health Committee members and your personal legislators to ask for their support of A546.
- Submit personal testimony. Sharing your story – in person or in writing – is crucial to the success of this bill! Legislators love personal stories and your positive experience using complementary health could sway committee member’s to vote yes. Use this simple form to send us your testimony and we’ll submit it to the committee for you. See below for an example.
- Come to the Hearing (RSVP here). A full hearing room convinces legislators a bill is important to Wisconsin residents and gets them to pay attention! Please show up even if you can’t stay for the entire hearing! When you arrive, you can “register in favor” of the bill by simply signing your name on a sheet of paper. This is an important form of public participation and could be necessary for this bill to pass. Another great way to participate is reading your testimony at the hearing and the more testifiers the better! It would be so persuasive to legislators if at least 50 people showed up in support of the bill. An RSVP is helpful but not necessary.
When: Tuesday, January 7 at 9 AM
Where: Wisconsin State Capitol, North Gar Hall, Room 417
FYI the committee won’t actually vote at the Jan. 7 hearing; it’s our job to persuade them, now and at the hearing, to want to schedule it for a vote at a later date.
For more about what this WI bill does for complementary and alternative health practitioners and their clients, see our website here (bill originally introduced as LRB-1960/1). Read the bill here. Read about Safe Harbor bills here.
Example Testimony: “Members of the Committee, my name is [insert name]. I live in [city]. I support A546 and I want you to please VOTE YES on A546, the “Consumer Protection for Complementary Healthcare” bill. This bill is important to me because [insert your own brief reason why you support access to complementary and alternative health care]. Thank you.”
– I depend on complementary and alternative health care for myself and my family and I want Wisconsin law to protect my rights as a consumer to a free and educated choice in health care providers.
– I am a practitioner of complementary healthcare and a small business owner in Wisconsin. I want to serve my clients without the fear that my state’s laws could be used to treat me as a criminal. Please update WI law to reflect what is happening in our state.]
Thanks in advance for helping pass A546 into law – it means so much to us (and to your legislators too). Together, with your help, we can convince Wisconsin legislators to protect WI residents’ health freedom rights to access the healing modalities and practitioners they want.