Join Us North Dakota, on a Call Feb 4th at 10am CST to discuss strategy on bill HB 1472
NO LONGER ACTIVE – Bill Did Not Pass!
Great News North Dakota!
Please Take Action and Join Us for a Call to Protect Consumer Access to Complementary and Alternative Health Practitioners in ND!
We’re happy to announce North Dakota introduced a practitioner exemption bill, HB 1472, to protect access to complementary and alternative health care practitioners! HB 1472 will protect both consumers and practitioners who provide services to health seekers in North Dakota, including herbalists, traditional naturopaths, and wellness consultants. Please Help Us Support HB 1472 in the following ways:
- Contact Your Legislators to urge them to support HB 1472. Please personalize the message we’ve prepared for you to send.
- Attend a strategy call on Thursday, February 4th at 10am CST with National Health Freedom Action and your fellow ND health freedom advocates (details below). This will be a fantastic opportunity to strengthen the rights of complementary and alternative health practitioners—and the clients they serve—in the state of North Dakota!
- Prepare Testimony in Advance for a Public Hearing in the House Human Services Committee! We’ll let you know when HB 1472 is scheduled for a hearing. Until then, prepare your written testimony and check out this video from North Dakota’s Legislative website: HOW TO: Written and Oral Testimony Submission so you’re ready to send it to committee members when the date is announced.
- Personally call your legislators! Please take another minute to let your legislators know you are a natural health consumer (or practitioner) who wants them to support HB 1472. If your legislator introduced the bill, please call to say thank you; the bill was introduced by Rep. Ertelt, Schauer, Toman and by Senators Kannianen and Marcellais. Find your legislators and their contact information here. Simply leaving a brief message with a legislative assistant in their offices can make a difference!
Similar bills to HB 1472, have already passed into law in eleven other states. North Dakota’s bill will provide an exemption to state occupational licensure for those non-invasive complementary and alternative health care practitioners who (1) avoid a specific list of prohibited conduct, such as puncturing the skin or administering prescription drugs or telling people to go off their treatments recommended by their licensed health care professional, and (2) give out the disclosure information listed in the bill, such as contact information, education and training, and the nature of the services to be rendered. Read the bill here.
Please join us for a Zoom conference call for North Dakota as we:
- Introduce you to your peers and hear whether you have an interest in joining a health freedom “steering committee” for North Dakota residents;
- Discuss ways we can work together to pass HB 1472 into law to protect access to many unlicensed complementary and alternative health care practitioners in North Dakota;
Topic: North Dakota Call to Support HB 1472
Time: Feb 4, 2021 10:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join from your computer:
or call: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 952 6713 1722
Health-seekers deserve to have maximum options protected for them as they work to explore their wellness and health. Thanks in advance for supporting North Dakota’s bill. Send a Message Now.