The following collection of State, Federal, and International regulation resources is provided to help educate citizens about the many regulatory issues impacting your health freedom rights. Use the tabs on the left to navigate the topics. This is not an all-inclusive list and please contact NHFC with further questions by email at: email@example.com.
NHFA promotes freedom of choice in health care such as:
Position Papers on Practitioner Laws Supported by NHFA
- Registration: Impact of Regulation on Fundamental Right of Privacy to Make Health Care Choices Aug 2004
Position on Regulation of Specific Vocations and Professions Supported by NHFA
- Miller, D. 2008. Collaboration in the Health Freedom Movement: A Source of Power and Healing, Alternative and Complementary Therapies.
- Miller, D. 2008. Naturopathic Practitioners Work to Protect Rights to Practice, Alternative and Complementary Therapies.
- Miller, D. 2006. Homeopathy in the Context of Government and Laws Power Point Presented at the Joint Homeopathic Conference, San Jose, April 2006.
- Miller, D. 2006. The Ins and Outs, Pros and Cons of Non-licensed Practice: Report and Commentary on the Health Freedom Movement, Alternative and Complementary Therapies.
- Barrette, J, 2003. The Alternative Medical Practice Act: Does It Adequately Protect the Right of Physicians to Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine? St. Johns – Law Review, Vol. 77, Winter 2003, Number 1.
- Gilruth, C, and Miller, D, 2002: Interview with Diane Miller on Homeopathy and Right to Practice of Complementary and Alternative Health Care.
FDA Homeopathic Products:
NHFA to FDA, March 2018, Formal Comments in response to the FDA proposed Draft Guidance entitled: Drug Products Labeled as Homeopathic: Guidance for FDA Staff and Industry, Docket ID. FDA-2017-D-6580, Food and Drug Administration – Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) in cooperation with the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), December 2017.
CDC Communicable Disease:
NHFA to CDC, September, 2016, Formal Request for the Withdrawal of the CDC’s Notice of Proposed Rulemaking entitled: Control of Communicable Disease, Docket No. CDC-2016-0068, Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, August 2016.
FDA New Dietary Ingredients:
NHFA November 2011, Formal Comments in response to the FDA proposed Draft Guidance: “Draft Guidance for Industry; Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues; Availability”, Docket No. FDA–2011–D–0376 20, July 2011.
Creating New Laws:
Dietary Supplement Product Labeling:
CAM and the FDA:
NHFA to FDA, 2007, Formal Comments in response to the FDA proposed Draft Guidance entitled: “Guidance for Industry on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Products and Their Regulation by the Food and Drug Administration” Docket ID. 2006d-0480, Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, December 2006
Miller, D, 2008. Impact of International Product Regulations on Consumer Access to, and the Manufacturing of, Dietary Supplements: The Need for Health Freedom Advocacy, Alternative and Complementary Therapies.
Websites with additional Codex Health Freedom Information